Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
An electrician is expected to maintain, repair and install electrical equipment and systems throughout the facility to ensure safe and proper operation. As an Engineering Team Member, you would also be called when needed to multi-task in other sections.
What will I be doing?
- An Electrician will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:Respond to customer requests throughout the facility to make necessary electrical repairs and/or accommodate the customers’ electrical needs for displays and booths, in a timely and courteous manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance and testing of all electrical systems, subsystems, and equipment including disassembly, replacement, cleaning, and repair.
- Repair, maintain and troubleshoot electrical equipment in accordance with wiring diagrams, schematics, operations manuals and manufacturers’ maintenance instructions. Use of equipment such as, but not limited to, multi-meters, hand, and power tools as required to perform the functions of position.
- Maintain light fixtures throughout the facility by replacing burned out bulbs and/or making necessary repairs/ replacements to the light fixtures on a routine and regular basis to sustain lighting standards. The Electrician will be required to use ladder or high lift working at heights up to 30 feet, often reaching above head, for extended periods of time.
- Set up/Breakdown of power and lighting equipment for exhibits, meetings and banquets. This will involve pushing, pulling and lifting of equipment and materials up to 50kg.
What are we looking for?
- An Electrician serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follows:Bachelor’s degree or HND in a related field.
- 2 years of work experience.
- Must have considerable knowledge of electrical systems and components to maintain and repair building electrical equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of electrical supplies and materials and their proper application.
- Extensive knowledge of safe working practices in regards to wire sizes, fuse sizes and overloading of electrical circuits.
- Skills in the use of related instruments and tools including Multi- meter, hand tools and small power tools in other to perform the functions of the job in a safe and efficient manner.
- Basic English language communication skills in order to communicate with customers and coworkers, fully comprehend
- job assignments and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and scaffolding or use of a high lift to work at heights up to 30 feet, often times reaching above head.
- Ability to perform duties in confined space and in awkward positions.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and walking significant distances within the facility.
- Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform essential job functions for the duration of the work shift.
- Visual ability to read manufacturer’s instructions, schematics and blueprints and to determine wire colours for safe repair.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of who will require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve customer concerns.
- Ability to multi-task in other sections.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online